Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Warming Wednesdays; get your extreme weather updates

If you are like me, you often turn to the net to answer such mundane questions as "will it be hot today?" or "will I need a raincoat when I travel to the east coast?" My usual source for weather information is The Weather Underground. Now, in cooperation with Green TV, they are offering new videos every two weeks about extreme weather events that seem to signal global warming.

Here's Episode I:

Living in a more dramatically changeable climate doesn't look like fun.

Despite every other legitimate concern, we cannot ignore that our economic and social system is rapidly making the planet less habitable. So I will be posting "Warming Wednesdays" -- unpleasant reminders of an inconvenient truth.

No comments: